Benefits of the Safety Management System
An improvement in the safety consciousness and safety management skills of personnel ashore and on board the vessels bring in a safety culture, which provides maximizing the benefits of cost savings, derived from implementation of the ISM Code
Benefits of the Safety Management System:
- Reduced number of accidents, detention & delays
- Greater confidence on part of the clients
- Cost savings resulting from improved efficiency and productivity
- Safe carriage of cargo & reduction in claims
- Reduction in pollution claims
- Favorable insurance premium
- Improved company morale
- Building trusts among the personnel
- Demonstrating higher degree of Leadership and Management commitment.
- Focusing on building resources and motivating personnel through training.
- Change of attitude and work culture
- Introduce quality into management system by assuring improved safety standards