Procurement at the SCI covers a variety of activities for the following departments:
Purchase & Services
- Purchase: Supply of bunkers, stores and spares, provisions, office stationery, etc.
Services: Appointment of agents, co-ordination for agency work, stevedoring, etc.
Insurance: Arranging for insurance cover and settlement of claims for:
a. Hull & Machinery Insurance
b. Protection and Indemnity (P&I) Club (Cargo, Pollution, General – Group Insurance, etc.)
- Computer Hardware: servers, desktops, laptops, printers,
Technical departments of Operating Divisions undertake the following procurement
- New marine equipment for vessels
- Spares (handled by spare cell)
- Dry dock services
Personnel & Administration Division
- Recruitment agencies
- Printing of newsletters, magazines, etc.
- Office equipment and stationery
- Civil & Engineering services including Maintenance of properties
- Electrical requirements
- General services like horticulture, cleaning, pantry requirements, uniforms.