SCI, through its corporate policy and philosophy, has committed itself to social responsibility for the benefit of society at large.
SCI formulated its CSR Policy on 19 March 2009 and earmarked 1% of Net Profit of preceding year towards CSR. Subsequently, in March 2010, Department of Public Enterprises (DPE) issued “Guidelines on Corporate Social Responsibility for Central Public Sector Enterprises”. SCI policy on CSR conforms to these guidelines.
To avoid resources from spreading thin, SCI’s CSR initiatives target specific areas. These are
• Scholarship to meritorious students belonging to SC, ST and OBC categories.
• Imparting Vocational Training
• Skill Development
• Health and Family Welfare
• Sanitation and Public Health
• Relief to Victims of Natural Calamities
• Promotion of Art and Culture
Keeping in view the expertise in the field of CSR, SCI has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai, for the preparation, monitoring, and evaluation of CSR initiatives of SCI.