CSR Activities for the Year 2021-22
Health & Nutrition–
- Support to 60 children infected and affected with HIV/AIDS residing at institutional care centres in Mumbai with “supplementary nutrition kits” to improve the immunity levels of the kids for further survival.
- Supporting underprivileged Cancer patients for surgeries at Bhaktivedanta Hospital, Mira Road, Thane.
- Support to 250 newly borne for treatment of clubfoots.
- Nutritional support to address the issue of Malnutrition. 1500 government school children are supported through supply of free milk & milk products by a network of milk producer organizations (dairy cooperatives and producer companies) to help reduce malnutrition in Gadchiroli district of Maharashtra.
Education & Skill Development–
- Award of Annual Grants to meritorious students from weaker section of the society, viz. SC/ST/BPL candidates, pursuing Ocean Engineering/Naval Architecture/Nautical Science/GME courses at premier institutes (IMU’s & IIT’s) to encourage and support Maritime Education in the country.
- Support for setting up 10 smart classrooms at municipal schools under Thane Municipal Corporation.
- Skill Development training of 360 underprivileged women in apparel sector & other technical fields at aspirational districts in Maharashtra. SCI has associated for providing Skill Development training to 360 underprivileged women in apparel sector and other technical fields. The project has been implemented in Gadchiroli, aspirational districts in Maharashtra. The project aims to make these women capable and self-dependent through proper technical training in the field of traditional and technical occupations.
- Setting up 35 KW Solar Plant at New Vruddhashram (162 bedded Old Age Home), managed by Tara Sansthan at Udaipur, Rajasthan.
Health Care including Covid-19 Related Measures
- Support to District Hospital Washim with 2 NeoNatal Ventilators and One Cardiac Ambulance.
- Support to AIMS Bhubaneswar with 3 ventilators, 500 PPE-Kits, 500 sterile PPE Kits & 500 surgeon gowns.
- Setting up One centralized Oxygen Plant of 150LPM capacity at Community Health Centre (CHC), Punhana block, District-Nuh (Mewat), Haryana.
- As part of COVID relief measures, 5 vaccination camps were organized at SCI HO. A total of 2744 people (general public, seafarers and marine fraternity) were vaccinated through SCI initiative.
- Support to Panvel Gurudwara for carrying out Covid relief activities.
- Organized 24 Medical Health Camps for identification/ awareness of Tuberculosis and other general diseases like Diabetes & Blood Pressure among the poor & vulnerable in 6 districts of Maharashtra viz. Sindhudurg, Gondia, Kholapur, Nasik, Ahemadnagar and Dhule.
- Support of an Ambulance was extended to Aizawl Football Club to provide encouragement and confidence to the trainees while undergoing trainings,as sometimes injuries of serious nature occurs while training and requires immediate treatment in the hospitals.
- Project for Urban Plantation/ Forestation” for plantation of 6000 plants through Miyawaki Technology in an area of approximately 2000 square meter under Delhi/NCR.