SCI’s Integrated Management System
SCI has been awarded the IMS (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, and ISO 45001:2018) certification across its establishment and fleet.
The scope of IMS certification includes Owning, Managing and Chartering of ships for transportation of Goods and Passengers, Offshore and Marine Advisory Services, Maritime Training Services and Port/Terminal Operations Management.
IMS is internationally recognized as an assurance to customers and stakeholders about delivering high quality, responsible and consistent results over time.
Quality, health, Safety and Environment Policy
In pursuit to keep up to the Vision and Mission of the Organization, The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd. is committed to —
- Effectively implement the Quality, Occupational Health, Safety and Environment system across the Fleet and Establishments
- Drive the business through Excellence in Quality of Service, Environment, Occupational Health & Safety Performance with Professional Integrity, meeting stated and implied needs of its customers and other stake holders in a Safe, Secure and Healthy working environment
- Complying with all applicable National & International, Flag and Port State, Class, Port Authority, Legal and other requirements to which the Organization subscribes
- Set Objectives, Targets, Monitor Process Efficiency & Performance and Review of QHSE to pursue excellence through Continual Improvement and Involvement of People
- Achieve the goal of zero spills to the sea, zero incidents, prevention of injury & ill-health, Damages and other Losses through continual improvement.
- Deal proactively with Climate Change issues by efficient use of Natural Resources & Energy, Reducing & Preventing all types of Pollutions including air, water, land, flora & fauna, Promoting Waste Avoidance and Recycling Measures
- Enhancing the Competence of Shore-based as well as Shipboard personnel through appropriate selection, identification of training needs, effective training, human resource management & development
Communicating QHSE Policy and Performance to its employees, all stake holders and other interested parties