Maritime Security Policy
It is the aim of the Maritime Security Policy of the SCI to 'provide safe and secure ships for its crew, passengers and cargoes whilst at sea and at ports all over the world'.
In order to fulfill the aim of this maritime security policy, the SCI is committed to the following objectives:
- • Security of its ships and their crew, passengers and cargo
- • Support to its ships in implementing and maintaining the Ship Security Plan.
In order to achieve these objectives, the SCI shall:
- • Conduct Ship Security Assessments on its ships
- • Establish safeguards against all identified unlawful acts
- • Designate trained Company Security Officers and Ship Security Officers
- • Establish procedures for shipboard security emergencies
- • Comply with mandatory rules and regulations
- • Establish and promote a security culture in the fleet
- • Keep abreast of developments on maritime security and disseminate relevant information to its ships